The other therapies that I offer include Indian Head Massage (details below), and Hopi Ear Candling. Click here to see details of Hopi Ear Candling, which is covered further down the page.
What is Indian Head Massage?
Indian Head Massage is based on a traditional system of medicine known as Ayurveda which has been practised in India for over three thousand years and is becoming increasingly popular in the West.
The concept of Indian Head Massage as a complementary therapy was first introduced into the UK in the early 1970's. It has become so popular that it is now enjoyed by people of all ages and walks of life and practised in a number of different settings, including private homes, natural health centres and hair and beauty salons.
As the massage has also been adapted so that it can be performed without oil, it has become firmly established as an antidote to the demands of modern life and can be practised in offices, schools, hospices and even airports to help reduce tension, ease anxiety, increase clarity of thought and promote positive health and well-being.
What are the benefits of Indian Head Massage?
The benefits of Indian Head Massage have been found to be:
- Relief from pain and stiffness in the muscles of the face, scalp, neck, upper back and shoulders.
- Increased mobility of the joints in the neck and shoulder area.
- Relief from tension headaches, eye strain, nasal congestion, jaw-ache and hangovers.
- Increased energy levels.
- Alleviation of stress, anxiety, lethargy and mild depression.
- Greater creativity, clarity of thought and concentration.
- A sense of tranquillity, calmness and positive well-being.
- More restful, refreshing sleep.
- Deeper, calmer breathing.
- Strengthened immune system.
- Improved skin condition and colour.
- Strong, healthy, shiny hair.
- Increased self-esteem and self-worth.
- Greater self-awareness, which often brings the additional benefit of a change to a healthier lifestyle.
How much will a Treatment cost me?
The charge for an Indian Head Massage is £25. The treatment lasts for 30 mins. and includes oils, if wanted.
What is Hopi ear candling?
Hopi ear candling is exactly what it says it is: a candle that you burn in your ear. It is a simple but very powerful healing tool that originated around three thousand years ago. In ancient times, in India, China, South America, the Aztecs, and North America - the Native Americans used plants, herbs and mud on a hollow reed to clear and cleanse the ears.
Reports on the benefits vary, but the most common in the drying effect of excess mucus, especially in the sinus, ears and throat area. Immediate effects such as un-blocking stuffed noses, clearing sinuses, improving hearing, reducing tinnitus and upper airway infections are common place. Glue ear simply disappears and balance and vertigo improve.
The treatment can have a very calming effect. All you experience is the sound of a wood fire crackling as the candles get to work drawing out any excess wax or impurities through the candle which acts as a vacuum when lit.
It is a very safe treatment, suitable for all ages.
Tel: 07584-086420 or email
Find me on Google by searching for Reflexology Stratford upon Avon, Reiki Leamington, or Complementary Therapy Warwick